Fall is almost here! It’s time to maintain your pavers and hardscapes — walkways, patios and driveways need seasonal care. Protecting these areas before the harsh winter is essential to prevent damage and maintain the lasting beauty these surfaces provide.
As temperatures fluctuate, and without proper maintenance your pavers could become damaged — cracks, reduction of joint sand and other problems can cause pavers to move or need to be replaced.
Below are several suggested steps that can help preserve the lasting beauty that properly maintained pavers and hardscapes provide.
Proper Paver Maintenance:
- Blow or clear away debris from walkways, patios and driveways. Fall leaves, if left sitting too long can cause staining.
- Remove outdoor furniture including grills, patio furniture, planters, etc. This helps prevents rust stains.
- Maintain paver joints; pull weeds and inspect joint sand. The rule of thumb is between 1/8” to 1/4” below the edge of the paver. Consider SUPERSAND G2 Polymeric Sand, a new generation of polymeric sand that also neutralizes haze and dust.
- Prep the surface by cleaning and removing efflorescence. SRW EF Efflorescence is a fast-acting specialty cleaner made for removing efflorescence; a common type of discoloration, usually white in color.
- Apply sealer so that every part of the paver is covered. Rule of thumb is every 3-5 years. Always check the manufacturer’s specifications.
Consider these fine SRW sealer products:
SRW LG Low Gloss Sealer is a low-gloss, color-enhancing paver sealer that stabilizes joint sand and protects against sand washout, weed growth and ant infestation. It extends paver life while providing an attractive surface sheen.
SRW HG High Gloss sealer provides a high-gloss, wet-look protective barrier that prolongs the life of any paver project. Use this product to protect and beautify a paver’s appearance.
For all your paver accessory needs look no Further than Reuther Material!
As the area’s premier masonry supplier, we carry a large inventory of paver maintenance products that are well stocked! Everything you’ll need to install and maintain your pavers. From paver edgings and spikes to sealers, polymeric sand, cleaners and diamond blades. We’ve got it all. Plus, our professional, knowledgeable staff are here to help you every step of the way.
With Reuther, you’ll have your materials where and when you need them.
We offer a comprehensive array of delivery options. Our fleet of trucks ensure that we can accommodate orders of any size and different offloading needs. Our fleet of specialized equipment allows for exact placement at your job-site, or prompt loading of materials when picking up. You won’t be forced to load yourself or deal with long waits.
No one delivers like Reuther